Summary of experience
Senior Executive in chemical process R&D and industrialisation within the pharmaceutical and fine chemical sectors. Over 30 years demonstrated contribution to the development and launch of commercially successful processes, encompassing early and late clinical phases, technology transfer and commercial product support.
Strategic global process R&D leadership across Europe, US & Asia
Lifecycle management and commercial support
API manufacturing for clinical trials and pharmaceutical development
Strategic outsourcing for API development and manufacturing
Extensive Asian CRO and CMO experience - India, China, Japan
Technology strategy definition; introduction of new technologies and technology partners
Due diligence and related assessments for acquisition and product licensing
Vice President API Small Molecule Development (Janssen R&D - Johnson and Johnson)
Senior Director Chemical Process development & Industrialisation (UCB Pharma)
Director Chemical Process R&D (UCB Pharma)
English (mother tongue)
Europe, US, Asia
Guiding Pharma companies in all aspects of external API strategy development and implementation, including:
- External partner benchmarking and selection (CRO & CMO – EU, US, Asia)
- Initiation of partnerships
- Scientific and technical oversight
- Relationship management, governance and issue resolution
- Supporting scientific recruitment & team development at the partner.
- Developing outsourcing strategy and capability within the Pharma client to meet evolving externalisation needs.
Advising Pharma services companies (CRO & CMO) on optimising their service offering to the Pharma industry, covering:
- Technical and scientific business development
- Relationship management and governance
Supporting M&As and L&As, due diligence and related assessments.